Genective is a 50/50 joint venture between Limagrain and KWS. Our aim is to create, deregulate and commercialize biotech corn traits, which deliver novel modes of action, especially in the control of field pests.
In our multi-functional research station at Weldon, Illinois, USA, Genective has a highly experienced entomological team and well-equipped facilities for conducting:
- Laboratory: In vitro protein assays for Lepidopteran and Coleopteran insects; leaf disc and root trainer assays
- Insect rearing: Resistant populations to be used at multiple sites
- Greenhouse: Lepidopteran and Coleopteran whole plant assays – leaf, ear, root
- Field: Plant characterization for Lepidopteran and Coleopteran resistance, Herbicide tolerance efficacy
- Regulatory: Field Trials/ Environmental Risk